Sunday, September 29, 2013

Chic or Chic: Op. 16 Cowl Pattern



Hello knitters!

I'm now blogging while listening to some French children's song.  It's fun!!!  But don't get wrong, Cowl Op. 16 is absolutely for adult.    I had some difficult time deciding on what to do with the Morasol's Hasa yarn.  


The tweed of the Hasa yarn is favored by some knitter friends.  Sweet! 


Here is some info of Op. 16:

Material: 2 Skeins of Mirasol’s Hasa with Color way #2210
    
Tools: Circular needles US# 8 with 32” cord.
                  2 Cable needles
                  Stitch Markers (Optional)

Size: 71 (73)cm circumstances; 19 cm tall

Gauge:   18 stitches x  24 rows = 10cm x 10cm


In fact, due to the irregular spun of the yarn, it is necessary to arrange some extravagant, or I should put it, some unsubtle pattern for the cowl.  That's why I have the big cable, the "big X" designed for the center part in front.   Something 'overstated" would be a good choice.


How about the back?  I have something totally technically and graphically different for the other side of Op. 16.


Hope you like the wavy pattern as well.  It enhances the elegance of the cowl and make it more "chic".  

It was fun to do a lot of ssk (Skip, Skip, Knit) for this cowl. What a good practice!  I did it also for testing the needle tip of the Turbo Click set.   Two relevant blogs are listed here: 2 Weeks After and Finally I got the Turbo Click.  

Anyhow, I hope you all like Op. 16 cowl pattern, which is now available on Ravelry and Etsy.  

HAPPY KNITTING


No comments:

Post a Comment